The newly established department for Data Science seeks Head of Administration
BI Norwegian Business School will establish a new academic department within the field of Data Science. The new academic department will be operational from autumn 2020. The establishment will be in close cooperation with the other academic departments at BI. An academic coordinator is appointed for the task and the new Head of Administration will work closely with the academic coordinator and other key personnel during the establishment of the department, including the Provost for Research and Academic Resources. The position reports to the Head of Department of Economics until a new Head of Department of Data Science is appointed.
The department's subject areas will be within the fields of data science, statistics, informatics and methodology.
During the establishment phase, the Head of Administration will work with the other Heads of Administration, BI Research Administration Office, the academic coordinator, the Head of Department of Economics and a department council. This will involve a variety of tasks, training of ordinary departmental administrative tasks, general management and planning of activities. The new academic department is being set up in collaboration with Simula and the new Head of Administration will therefore also have extensive contact with external partners.
Responsibilities and duties of the position
• Overall management and operation of the department's administrative functions, including the management of any administrative consultant in due course.
• Responsibility for administration, coordination and management of the department's research and teaching tasks
• Compile and analyze relevant management information
• Financial and budgetary follow-up, including planning, allocation of teaching hours, allocation of resources in general and accounting
• Coordinate and manage collaboration with the department’s external partners
• Identify and implement administrative improvement measures at the department
• Preparation of cases for governing bodies and the department council
• General assistance to the department's faculty and staff
• Ongoing administrative operational tasks, also across the other units.
• Higher education at the master's level and preferably within the department's/ BI's disciplines
• Relevant administrative work experience, from educational/research institution or other knowledge intensive business
• Experience in contributing / participating in administrative projects and process improvements
• Preferably with some leadership experience
• Good written and oral communication skills, both in Norwegian and English
• Good IT knowledge, as well as knowledge of relevant administrative systems
• Analytical, goal-oriented and the ability to take initiatives
• Systematic and thorough
• Independent, with great work capacity and solid ability to see tasks and projects through
• Confident and good communicator
• Flexible and outgoing with good collaboration skills
• Interesting tasks and good opportunities for professional and personal development
• An inspiring work environment with ambitious colleagues
• An excitingand important sector
• Independent role with extensive responsibility
The position is based at BI Norwegian Business School, campus Oslo.
Contact person: Anne E. Hagberg, Head of The Research Administration, cell: 46 41 06 16, email: email@example.com