At the Department of Communication and Culture, there is a vacant permanent position as associate professor / professor of communication with an emphasis on digitalization. The department wants to strengthen research and teaching capacity in the area of digital communication. As an employee of the department, the potential candidate is expected to contribute significantly to the department's research and teaching environment, and BI's overall research strategy. The candidate is expected to help BI achieve its goal of becoming one of the best business schools in Europe. The candidate shall take an active part in BI's academic environment in both teaching and research dissemination.
We are seeking a candidate with research and teaching expertise in the following subject areas:
• Digital communication and market communication in business and organizations
• Communication and technology
• Social Media
• Relevant doctorate
• Scientific publications in the field
• Documented educational qualifications and teaching skills with broad teaching experience in the field.
• Good oral and written ability in English and Norwegian (alternatively other Scandinavian language). For applicants who do not have one of the Scandinavian languages as their mother tongue or have sufficient knowledge of Norwegian social and business life, they must acquire Norwegian language knowledge within 3-5 years.
When assessing and ranking, emphasis is placed on:
• Education and / or research experience in digital communication
• Relevant scientific publications over the past three to five years
• Practical work experience
• Experience from teaching and supervision at bachelor and master level
• Personal characteristics that can make a positive contribution to the working environment
Competence assessment is carried out in accordance with the usual rules for academic and educational positions at universities and scientific colleges. The position is linked to BI's collective pension agreement and is paid according to agreement.
Applicants will be invited to an interview and a sample lecture or seminar presentations. BI Norwegian Business School reserves the right not to appoint applicants who are scientifically qualified, if it is found that they do not meet other specified requirements, for educational abilities, teaching experience, and experience from work in or in collaboration with the business community and for personal collaboration skills.
The application, CV and complete list of academic work, as well as any information about and / or documentation of other activities that may be of importance in assessing the applicant's qualifications are sent electronically. Remember that the highest level of education and other relevant documentation must be documented. Up to 15 publications can be submitted in the application.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting BI Norwegian Business School at department head Gillian Warner-Søderholm, tel. 464 10 697.